Thursday, January 8, 2009
The Weather in 2009
Wow! It has been a rough start to our year. The weather here has been pounding us; snow closed everything down for a little more than a week in December, and now the relentless rain and rivers cresting. I am glad to say that we live on a hill and are noy in danger of flooding. All of the activities at the church were canceled last night and probably today because the church has become a Red Cross center for flood victims. The HWY next to the church was closed last night, so I discouraged Todd from going to the church to help out because there are not many ways that he would travel back home that wouldn't take him to those streets that are closed. The church is in Sumner, and the Sumner school district is 1 hour late today. We still haven't figured out why the Puyallup school district is closed today. Last night Lance Williamson's church in Graham (Evergreen Pres. - about 6 miles south of us) was a shelter for people and animals. When I called hime to see if he needed any help he said that they had 4 adults and 2 children using the shelter, and lot's of helpers. It is concerning to watch the news and know that from what we have seen, they haven't even scratched the surface of the extent of the damage. I will keep you posted and let you know if we are in danger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment