So tonight after dinner; Molly, Claire, and Jonathan were playing doctor. They were charting (with a calculator) and giving shots. Of course, the only one actually getting any shots was Claire. I later learned that they were giving her shots with a pen or crayon, and pressed hard enough to leave a mark. She is such a trooper, she didn't complain. They were adorable. I think that they (the doctors) did have to deliver some bad news to one patient, but all in all it was a good night.
A little later I was helping Belle define "an organized room." I was showing her that when she cleans her room it is not acceptable to grab the latest box from Costco (Eggo waffles, Pepsi, fruit roll ups, anything works really) and shove the those things that she doesn't know what to do with, such as tape or pencils, or 12 inches of yarn and put them in the box, put the box on her "organized" shelves and call it good.... Where does she get this? Anyway, Todd yells from the other room, "Heather, I thought that you were watching Claire?" Well, no I wasn't; I was helping Belle. Apparently Claire put the cat in a Dora the Explorer backpack with wheels and was wheeling it around saying, "I have a cat in my backpack!" Todd (who wasn't really listening because he was wathching the game, looked over and THE BACKPACK WAS MOVING! Poor Tiger, he is no worse for the wear and survived just fine. We have a VERY laid back kitty. So by now you're thinking, "wow! that's a lot for one night!" Well, actually it has only been about 45 minutes! Right now they are SCREAMING and running all over the house (hey, we live in the NW where it rains buckets for 50 days in a row!) chasing eachother with towels and trying to flick one another. Thank God that it is nearly time for them all to go to bed.... And I wonder why I am tired all of the time!?
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I just had to laugh out loud thinking about your little one dragging the poor cat around in her backpack! There has got to be a special place in heaven for pets like that!
Post a Comment