Last night as we were on our way home from church Claire wanted her milky which is not a problem, if we had some with us. However, we didn't have any milky so she started to cry, then scream, then yell at everyone; basically she lost it....for several miles. Until we heard Jonathan start to sing "Rock of Ages" ever so quietly. "Rock of ages cleft for me, let me hide my sin in thee...." and soon Belle joined, still very quietly, then Molly (who didn't know all of the words, but still adorable). It didn't take long for Claire to stop crying and assure them (about 50 times, and sometimes loudly) that "I',m ok! I'm ok! III'MMMM OK!!!! It was so stink'in cute and beautiful. Good choice of song too!
The older two kids are part of the drama team at church. Last year they performed for over 3000 people over 9 performances. It was a big commitment that we are all ready to undertake again because it was so rewarding. They started practice a couple of weeks ago and are learning the songs. I cannot wait to get the CD of the songs so that we can play it on car trips. Sometimes (well a lot of times) their singing in the car is my SANITY! And no, we don't have a DVD player in the car. Now that would be blissful!...but then they wouldn't sing to me... no I will take the singing because it makes my soul sing.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment