Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pt Defiance Zoo


We had a great time at the zoo today. I cannot believe how much they have added since we were there just last year. There are several new exhibits and they are GREAT! It was overcast, sprinkling, and COLD when we arrived so we had to make a stop in the gift shop for sweatshirts (gotta love the unpredictability of WWA!). Usually I am not one to do that, but it was either that or find the nearest WalMart (not likely in N Tacoma!). The kids love their sweatshirts and I think that Belle told me thank you about 5 times before we got through the first exhibit. These kids are tough, they wouldn't have complained if they didn't have a sweatshirt to wear and it was cold, but I know that they were thankful to have them. The all around favorite animal was the walrus because we were able to see them interact with their trainers. There are two female and one male, the male weighs 2200 pounds and eats 55 pounds of seafood daily. They did tricks and followed commands, it was incredible! Belle's second favorite was the birds, Jonathan's was the Tiger, Molly's was the otters, and Claire's was the elephant. We will definitely go back to the zoo soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: